We can accept applications for cultivated sea vegetables during any time of year, but we must inspect the production area prior to the harvest of organic crops.
Sea Vegetable Guidelines. For definitions of terms and an explanation of our standards for certifying both wild collected and farmed sea vegetables please consult our SEA VEGETABLE GUIDELINES
Please print and complete:
- Certification Application
- Sea Vegetable Supplement Use this form to describe culturing methods, harvest methods, natural resource conservation, and post harvest handling.
- Conventional Propagule Verification Form Only producers who are culturing sea vegetables need this form. Wild crafters do not.
- Material List
- Sea Vegetable Harvest Growing Area Form Use this form to identify all areas where collection or harvest of sea vegetables will take place. This guidance document can help in filling out this form.
- Organic Sea Vegetable Producers Endorsement
- Applicant Fees Form
- Explanation of Cost Share Programs
Some producers may need to submit forms for certifying their processing and handling of harvested sea vegetables. For instance, if you are drying, blending and packaging sea vegetables for sale, you are considered a processor and we will need to approve your organic handling plan and your labels. If you have questions, please contact Kate Newkirk (firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-568-6032) or Katy Green (email@example.com or 207-568-6033).
Forms for processing and handling can be found HERE.