We recommend getting an early start on your crop application. The sooner you send in your application the earlier we can inspect and certify. This year’s deadline for new applicants is June 30, 2018.
Please be sure to also read our guidance documents, all of which are located in our Practice Manual. This is an 85-page PDF to read online or to download. If you prefer, you can receive a paper copy in the mail plus any forms you may need. Call 568-6030 to order.
Please print and complete:
- Certification Application 2018
- Farm Plan
- Crop Supplement
- Material List
- Field History Form 2018
- Greenhouse History Form 2018
- Landowner Affidavit
- Organic Producers Endorsement
- Applicant Fees Form
- Explanation of Cost Share Programs
- (optional but helpful) Conventional Seed Form
- If you intend to certify cultivated mushrooms, please download and complete the Mushroom Cultivation Supplement. (Note: If you are ONLY certifying cultivated mushrooms, you do not need to complete a Farm Plan, just the Mushroom Cultivation Supplement.)
- If you intend to certify wild crops, please download and complete the Wild Crop Harvest Form.
- If you intend to certify sprouts, please download and complete the Certified Sprouts Supplement
Mail your application and fee payment to MOFGA Certification Services, POB 170, Unity, ME 04988. Because of the seasonal nature of this work and because we cannot issue a certificate for a crop after it is harvested, we cannot accept applications postmarked after 30 June 2018.
If you have questions about certifying crops and vegetables please call
Jaco Gardei at (207) 568-6037 or email her at email@example.com. She will be happy to assist you.
Thank you for choosing MOFGA Certification Services.